Here is an easy yellow moong dal recipe. This is the simplest Peeli moong dal ki recipe but it is the tastiest dal of all. It goes very well with roti, chapati or paratha. In Indian households peeli moong dal is served with some dry vegetable preparation – aloo gobhi, beans aloo, palak paneer, jeera aloo or any paneer recipe. Yellow moong dal helps adds the protein to the Indian diet. Lets learn how to make yellow or peeli moong dal in pressure cooker
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Ghee / Butter
- 2 -3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tblsp chopped Green Coriander
How to make peeli moong dal :
- Wash the dal 3 – 4 times and keep aside.
- Now in a pressure cooker add the washed dal, salt, turmeric pwoder and 2 cups of water.
- Now cook the dal for 2 whistles.
- Wait till the pressure releases naturally.
- Now dish out the dal to a serving bowl.
- Take a tadka pan, heat the ghee in it.
- Now add jeera seeds and chopped garlic.
- Cook till the garlic gets dark brown in color. This is important or the garlic will taste raw.
- Now add red chilly powder and immediately pour this tadka over the cooked dal.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander.
- Your peeli dal is ready to be served.
What To Serve With Yellow Moong Dal :
How Many Whistles To Cook Yellow Moong Dal :
The number of whistles that are required to cook moong dal varies according to the type of water in that area. Sometimes just 1 whistle is good enough. And sometimes 2 whistles are enough for a nicely cooked dal.
How Long Can you Store / Freeze Yellow Moong Dal :
You can store yellow moong dal in refrigerator for 1 – 2 days and in freezer for a month.
Reheating Tips of Yellow Moong Ki Dal :
To reheat, you can heat it in microwave if you had stored in a microwave proof container.
Else you can heat 2 tblsp of water in a pan and you can take whole or part of cooked yellow moong dal in it. Let it simmer on low flame for 5 – 10 mins covered with a lid. Also you can give fresh tadka to it again.