Soya keema matar recipe is a famous vegetarian dish from North India made with soya granules and peas. Once you taste you will fall in love with soya granules. It is an excellent source of protein for the vegetarians. The nutri granules and peas makes a delicious combo. Very light and flavourful great for people who want to include soya in their diet but unable to because of its taste. The bhuna masala makes the soya matar keema taste superb. You can make it light by suing less and little dahi or you can make it super rich by roasting the masala in lots of oil. It totally depends on you. And the best part is that you can pair soya keema matar with roti, paratha, kulcha or even pao at an time. To make the whole meal complete you can pair the keema with some vegetables like bhindi or you can make palak parantha or methi roti or any millet roti with it. Serve it with spicy green chutney and laccha onion. There you go a complete light dinner without much effort.
- 1 cup Soya Granules
- 1/2 cup Peas Boiled
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1″ inch Cinnmon
- 2 pinches of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 dry Red Chilly crushed
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger – Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Dhania powder
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tblsp Curd (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Amchur (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kassori Methi (Optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tblsp Cooking Oil
How to Make Soya Keema Matar :
- Soak the soya granules in water and keep aside for 30 mins. Strain through a strainer and wash several times under running water in the strainer itself. Squeeze out all the excess water from the granules.
- Heat oil in a pan when the oil is heated up put bay leaf and cinnamon, stir it well.
- Now add hing, cumin seeds, green chillies and dry red chilly. Sauté.
- Once the seeds splutter, add the onions and fry till golden. Make sure they do not get extreme brown otherwise that will impart a bitter after taste in the sabji.
- Now add chopped ginger and crushed garlic, keep roasting the masala (Bhuno) till it becomes nicely light brown.
- Add all the dry spices expect garam masala and kasori methi.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the puree is fully cooked and is nicely roasted.
- At this stage you can also whisked curd and cook in the masala till it completely disappears. No white speck is visible. If you want you can omit using curd all together.
- Now add the soya granules and fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Now add the peas.
- Mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Add 1 cup water. Let it for to a boil then simmer till the keema is semi dry.
- Finally add kasori methi and garam masala.
- Also sprinkle lemon juice.
- Garnish with onion rings and lemon and some coriander leaves.
- Served hot with Roti or plain parantha or even kulcha.
- Soya keema matar makes an excellent stuffing for sandwiches too. Make some extra and next day you can make sandwiches and take it too school or relish as an evening snack with a hot cup of tea.
What To Serve With Soya Keema Matar :
Storage Tips :
You can simply store in a glass air tight container for 3 – 4 days
Reheating Tips :
Simply reheat for 1 – 2 mins in a microwave or put a tablespoon of water in a pan when it gets rolling hot add the soya matar keema and on low flame let it simmer till completely hot.