Pyaz ke pakore are a quick and easy to make. Pyaz ki pakodi comes to rescue when you want to eat pakoras but with very little effort. Onion pakoras are nothing but thin sliced onions are mixed gram flour batter, spices and then deep fried in oil. Pyaz ke pakore are best served with green coriander chutney. Read along to know how to make onion fritters by following this easy recipe.
Pyaz Ke Pakode | Crispy Onion Pakore
- Kadai / Pan
- Pyaz (Onions)
- Besan (Gram Flour)
- Rice Flour (Chawal Ka Atta)
- Green Chillies
- 1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 2 tblsp Rice flour
- 2 – 3 medium Onions sliced thinly
- 2 tblsp Hara Dhania (Coriander Leaves)
- 10 – 15 Curry Leaves
- 5 – 6 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1 ” crushed Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 5 – 7 tsp Water as needed to make batter
- Oil for frying
How to Make Pyaz Ke Pakode :
- In a wide bowl besan, rice flour, baking soda. Mix well.
- Now add the rest of ingredients Except water. Add salt , chilli powder, cumin seeds, hara dhania, onions sliced , curry leaves, coarse ginger, chopped green chilies.
- With the help of a spoon mix these ingredients with No Water first
- Then add water little by little until all the onions slices are covered with the dough. It should be thick batter.
- Now in a kadai heat oil for frying. On medium heat and in small batches deep fry the onion pakora until they are cooked on both sides.
- Do not overcrowd the kadai in one go. Make the pakoras in bacthes.
- Crispy pyaz ke pakore are ready to be served.
What To Serve With Pyaz Ke Pakore :
- Pyaz ke pakore are served with green spicy chutney, and masala chai.
- Crispy pyaz ke pakore are also a great accompaniment to khichdi, kadi chawal or plain aloo poori
Storage Tips :
- Once the pakore get cool just stuff them in a air tight box and store them for over a week. In deep freezer they stay good for many months.
Reheating Tips :
For reheating it is advisable not to re-fry them. This makes them too oily. It is best to avoid refrying.
Microwave: Just put the pakore for 5 mins and they are good to eat.
Air Fryer: Reheating pyaz ke pakore in air fryer is the best. Not only this is a healthy way but reheating them in air fryer make them crisp again.
Set the fryer to 400 degree Fahrenheit and switch it on for preheat for 3-4 mins.
Enjoy your spicy snacks !!!!!