Pyaz ke pakore are a quick and easy to make. Pyaz ki pakodi comes to rescue when you want to eat pakoras but with very little effort. Onion pakoras are thin and sliced onions dipped in the gram flour batter and deep fried in oil. Pyaz ke pakore are best served with green coriander chutney. Read along to know how to make onion fritters by following this easy recipe.
Total Time: 30
Serves: 3 – 4
- 3 onions (cut in thin slices)
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tblsp Rice Flour (Chawal ka atta)
- Pinch of carom seed
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- Water (to make batter)
- Oil for frying
How to make pyaz ke pakore :
- Take a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, chili powder, asafoetida, carom seed, green chilli, baking powder and coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add sliced onions into gram flour and mix add 1/2 cup of water little at a time and mix it well.
- Batter should not be too watery it should be thick enough to pick up with fingers.
- Beat the batter for good 5 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying, for first five minute keep the heat on high so that oil get hot quickly then reduce the heat to medium.
- Put the chopped onions in the batter and mix well.
- For frying pick up a small batch of the onions along with batter either using hands or a spoon and but them in the hot oil.
- Do not put too many pakoras in a single go or else they will not fry properly.
- Deep fry them in batches in medium hot oil, until nice golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove the pakoras from oil, when the frying sound and the bubbling of oil stops.Place them on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
- Sprinkle chaat masla over it and serve hot with green chutney.
- Note: Another method is to put all spices and chopped onions in a bowl and then sprinkle besan and rice flour on it. Mix well and then fry them as usual.