Egg curry Indian style recipe is simple egg recipe made with onions and a freshly ground tomato masala paste. It is very easy and quick to prepare. Hardly takes any time. Best part of this egg curry is that it goes well with any side vegetable or even alone by itself. This Indian style egg curry is versatile as it tastes awesome with rice and some salad. It is a comfort food, perfect for a light Indian dinner or lunch as the need may be.
- 1 Onions Chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 5 – 6 Garlic Pods.
- 1 medium Fresh Green Chilli
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 -4 Fresh Tomatoes Grinded
- 1/4 cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- 4 Eggs Boiled
- 2 tbsp oil
How to Make To Egg Curry Indian Style :
- In a blender make a fine paste of onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Now heat a kadai and add 2 tblsp oil for cooking.
- Tip in the bay leaf and 1/4 tsp sugar
- Now immediately add the onion-garlic paste.
- Stir continously and cook it till the paste turns deep brown.
- Now lower the flame and add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala powder. Add 1/2 tsblp water and cook till the water dries out.
- Now add the tomato puree.
- Let it cook till the oil springs up
- Now add well whisked curd.
- Keep stirring and cooking till the curd is completely gone and the masala has released all the oil.
- At this stage 1 cup water and let it boil.
- You can add salt at this stage.
- Meanwhile slice the eggs into half.
- Once the gravy acquires desired consistency, place the sliced eggs in the curry. You can even crush the yolk of one of the eggs and put in the curry. This gives a nice body to the egg curry.
- Garnish the curry with chopped green coriander.
What To Serve With Egg Curry :
Enjoy it plain rice or roti and green salad. You can even pair with any North Indian sabji like baingan aloo, gajar matar , bhindi ki sabji or sukhe aloo ki sabji.
Storage Tips :
Storing egg curry is very easy. Just move the curry to an air tight glass ware. You can store this curry 2 days at the max.