Pineapple raita is sweet,sour, tangy curd preparation. It is not only refreshing but healthy too. Pineapple goes very well with Biryani and Pulao. It is a perfect side dish for any spicy meal. It tastes grat during summers. Tangy and sweet pineapple raita is made with fresh pineapple. Chilled pineapple raita is creamy and sweet. Serve it next time in your dinner party and see how the guests are going to like it.
Pineapple Raita Restaurant Style | Ananas Ka Raita
- Fresh Pineapple
- 1 cup Thick Curd (Dahi)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Pineapple chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tblsp Sugar or to taste
- 2 tblsp Pomegranate (Anar)(Optional)
- 1 tblsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to Make Pineapple Raita :
- Take a bowl and whisk the curd smooth.
- Add black salt and salt to it. Remember to add the salt carefully as you are also adding black salt. Mix properly to ensure that salt gets mixed evenly.
- If the curd it too thick then you can add 1 – 2 tblsp water or milk.
- Add sugar. Mix properly. Adjust the amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the pineapple.
- Now toss in the pineapple and coriander leaves. Mix gently.
- Now garnish with anar and green corainder and sprinkle red chilly powder.
- Dish out in a serving bowl.
- Pineapple raita recipe is ready. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
What if Pineapple Raita Turns Bitter :
Pinepple raita turns bitter because raw pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which reacts with the curd / dahi here and gives a bitter taste to the raita.
This does not happen if the pineapple raita is consumed immediately. It takes 30 mins for the enzyme to start reacting.
If you are using canned pineapple then bitterness will not occur because heating pineapple at high temperature destroys the enzyme. So to prevent bitterness you can use canned pineapple for the raita or you can cook pineapple in sugar and water mixture for 5 minutes.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Pineapple Raita :
- Serve with Chicken Biryani, Vegetable Biryani, Egg Biryani, Yakhni Pulao.
- Dal Makhani, Palak Paneer, Chicken Vindaloo
Storage Tips :
- Ideally pineapple raita can not be preserved for long as it turns bitter in taste because of use of fresh pineapple