Boondi raita is one of the easiest side dish which can enhance the taste of the entire meal to the next level. Boondi raita is one dish that can relished with any meal.Boondi are fried besan (chickpea) balls. You can find the Indian stores. Somtimes they are salted and some times you get unflavoured too. These boondi can be used in many preparations like Namkeen Mixtures. There are no specific measurements and quantities. It is a fail proof recipe. Some prefer it slightly thick and some like very watery and thin. It is up to you how you prefer.
Boondi Ka Raita | Punjabi Boondi Raita | Boondi Ka Raita In English
- Dahi (Curd)
- Plain Boondi
- 1 cup Thick Curd
- 1/2 cup Boondi
- 1/2 tsp roasted Jeera Powder (Cumin Powder)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Boondi Ka Raita :
- Take a big bowl and whisk the curd,add salt ,jeera powder and red chilly powder.
- Now there are 2 ways to add the boondi.
- You can eat boondi just like that to the curd mixture. Second way is to soak the boondi in some water for 15 mins. This will make the boondi soft. Then squeeze out all the water and then add to the curd mixture. This ensures that all the oil is also removed from the boondi. It is ideal for health conscious people.
- Garnish with a few chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle chat masala.
- Boondia Raita is ready.
- Chilly it in the fridge for atleast 30 mins and enjoy a very tasty Raita.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Boondi Ka Raita :
- You can serve boondi raita with biryani, pulao, dal-chawal, rajma-chawal or any other gravy or curry.
Storage Tips :
- If you do not add salt to the raita then you can store for 2 – 3 days. But if you add salt then the raita will not survive more than a day.