A super easy one pot Egg Biryani for you. Extremely tasty and delectable. Team it with onion raita and green chutney. Learn how to make easy one pot egg biryani.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 1 1/2 hr
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Rice soaked in sufficient water for 20 minutes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 4 – 6 Cloves
- 2 Brown Cardamom (Moti Elaichi)
- 2 – 3 Green cardamom (Chotti Elaichi)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1″ Cinnamon Stick
- 2 medium finely sliced Onion
- 1 tblsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 – 4 Green Chilies slit
- 3 medium Tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Biryani Masala (Badshah)
- 3 Oil tlbsp
- 1 tblsp Ghee
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tblsp finely chopped Mint
- 2 tblsp finely chopped Green Coriander
How to make one pot egg biryani:
- Take a big heavy bottom vessel. Since it is a one pot recipe so lets use the same vessel for all the steps.
- In the vessel hard boil the eggs.
- Take them out and when they are slighlty cool peel them.
- In the same vessel heat 1 tsp of oil and add 1/2 tsp Turmeric, Salt and 1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder.
- Immediately without burning the masala leave the eggs carefully in this masala.
- Stir fry the eggs on low flame for 1 min so that they get smeared with the masala.
- Now take them out and keep them aside for later use.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil and ghee and add the jeera seeds.
- When the jeera seeds begin to splutter add the whole spices – bay leaf, green cardamom, moti elaichi (brown cardamom), cinnamom stick and cloves.
- Stir fry for 30 mins and then add chopped onion.
- Now medium flame stir fry the sliced onions till golden in color. Do not use high flame or the onions will get burnt and will give burnt flavour.
- Then add ginger garlic paste.
- Stir fry for 1 – 2 mins or till the raw smell of the ginger garlic disappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir fry the tomatoes on medium flame till they become mushy.
- Now add all the dry masalas and fry for 1 min.
- Now add the half of the chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Add the soaked rice and add 4 cups of water. The amount of water largely depends upon whether you soaked the rice or not and which kind of rice you are using.
- Let the rice cook till the rice gets almost cooked. At this point add the eggs. Stir well with a light hand.
- Garnish with chopped mint and coriander.
- Close the lid and let the biryani cook on dum and let the rice absorb the flavours.
- Your one pot egg biryani is ready to be served with onion raita.