Savor the culinary delight of coconut in chicken curry with spices; curry paste, curry powder and lemon juice.
- 60gms ghee
- 1 Onion (Pyaj), finely chopped
- 2 clove (laung)s garlic (lasan), crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground clove (laung)s
- 1 cm cinnamon (tuj/dalchini) stick
- 2 tblsp curry powder
- 1 tblsp curry paste
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- 1/2 fresh coconut (narial), sliced and with the outer skin removed
- 250gms fresh tomato (tamatar), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) water squeeze fresh lemon juice
How to make chicken curry with coconut:
- Melt ghee in a frying pan, sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, curry powder, curry paste. Saute 3 minutes.
- add chicken pieces, sliced coconut, tomatoes, water and lemon juice. Cover, simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.