The thick curry has ingredients like curry powder, tomato, ghee and onion with chicken. Lemon juice and coconut is sprinkled to make it dry.
- 60 gms ghee
- 2 Onion (Pyaj)s, thinly sliced
- 2 clove (laung)s garlic (lasan), thinly sliced
- 2 tblsp curry powder
- 1 tblsp tomato (tamatar) paste
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
How to make dry chicken curry:
- Meld ghee in a frying pan, sauté onions and garlic until onions is tender.
- Add curry powder and tomato paste, sauté 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well, cover, simmer for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add lemon juice and coconut, which will absorb any excess gravy.
- Note: The pan must be continually watched, as the contents may stick. If this happens, add just sufficient water to prevent it.