The rich flavor of coconut, curry mixture, mustard, spices paired with chicken to make yummy chicken malai curry.
- 30 gms ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) thin coconut milk
- 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- curry mixture
- 1 tblsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
How to make chicken malai curry:
- Melt ghee in a frying pan. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Combine all curry mixture ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken and the chicken is tender.