Hot and spicy taste of Bombay food in chicken curry with olive oil, vinegar, coconut, curries leaves, sugar and spices.
- 2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 tblsp olive oil (tel)
- 2 tblsp white Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 1/3 cups (125gms) desiccated coconut (narial)
- 4 cloves garlic (lasan), crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1 tsp grated, fresh ginger (adrak)
- 10 curry leaves (kari patta)
- 1 tblsp sugar (cheeni)
How to make bombay chicken curry:
- Place chicken pieces in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of liquid.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add vinegar, coconut, garlic, cumin, turmeric, chilli, pepper, ginger and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, reserved stock and sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, simmer for 15 minutes.