Here is a very delicious easy to make and simple matar paneer bhurji recipe. The addition of matar to this recipe just raises the taste and health quoteint of this paneer dish. The green color of matar in sparing dots of chopped tomatoes against yellow backdrop of paneer simply makes it an appealing recipe. Lets learn how to make masaledar matar paneer bhurji Punjabi Style.
- 500 gms Paneer
- 5-6 green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh /frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp gram masala
- 1 tsp of ghee
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste (optional)
- Handful of corainder leaves
How to make matar paneer bhurji punjabi style:
- Mash or grate the paneer and keep aside.
- In a frying pan or a karahi add ghee /oil to it . Then add jeera and let it sputter.
- Then add chopped onions and fry them till pink and translucent.
- Then add chopped green chillies, grated ginger and stir it .
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash it with the help of spatula.
- Then add all spices and fry it well .Sprinkle little bit of water so that the spices are not burnt.
- Now add the peas and fry it.
- Cook till the matar are done.
- Then add the paneer and mix it well for 2-3 mins .
- Now add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix it well and fry it for a min .
- Your matar paneer burji punjabi style is ready.
- Matar paneer bhurji is perfect side dish and goes well with rajma chawal, just plain parantha or you can even stuff it in bread and make very delicious paneer bhurji sandwich.