Here is the recipe for green moong dal khichdi. A humble soulful food !! Very nourishing and light on the stomach, chilke wali moong dal khichdi without onion is perfect when you are feeling slightly under the weather. It is very easy to make and requires very few ingredients. It is perfect for small toddlers and kids when they are just weaned off the milk. Lets learn how to make green moong dal khichdi recipe.
Serves : 1 – 2
Total Time: 45 min
Ingredients Green Moong Dal Khichdi:
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Split Whole Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tblsp Pure Ghee
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Water
How to make chilke wali moong dal khichdi without onion:
- Wash the rice and moong dal. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, then add jeera. When the jeera seeds begin to splutter, add turmeric, washed rice, dal and salt. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Close the pressure cooker and let the rice cook for 3 – 4 whistles. Then shut the flame.
- Do not open the pressure cooker immediately.
- Wait for all the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure releases, stir the rice gently with a ladle to make it smooth, crushing the rice and dal mixture.
- Dish out the khichdi in a plate. Garnish with freshly crushed black pepper and a teaspoon of ghee.
- Best served hot freshly out of the cooker with curd, papad and pickle or kadhi.