Sabut moong ki dal is a staple dal in every Indian household. It is nutritious, healthy and goes well with most of the Indian side dishes. Hari moong ki dal is very simple and easy to make. It is perfect to go along with rice and roti. It can be served with any sabji like bhindi, gobhi or any paneer recipe too. Lets learn how to make sabut moong ki daal easy way.
- 1 cup Green Moong Dal ( Whole Green Gram)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 long chopped Green Chillies
- 2 – 3 Garlic pods chopped
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Salt To taste
- Few Coriander leaves
How to make sabut moong ki dal :
- Wash the dal 2 – 3 times in water. Then soak it for 1/2 hour in 3 cups of water. Soaking is optional. You can just wash it and cook it just after washing. Soaking just reduces the cooking time.
- Drain the water and pressure cook the dal in 3 cups of water, turmeric and salt for 6 -7 whistles. Once the steam escapes naturally check the consistency. If the dal is still uncooked then add some more water, stir well and pressure cook for 1 -2 more whistles. If the dal is all dried and then add warm water according to the desired consistancy.
- For the tadka, heat ghee in a pan and add hing and cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds begin to sputter add the chopped green chillies and chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the mashed green moong dal to it and let it boil. Keep till 2-3 boils.
- Garnish sabut moong ki daal with coriander leaves and serve hot with phulka or chapati or rice.