Here is dal tadka recipe in pressure cooker. Super simple, easy yet tasty. This dal tadka tastes awesome with tandoori naan, steamed rice or jeera rice. Lets learn how to make dal tadka in pressure cooker which is faster way to make the dal.
Serves : 2 – 3
Total Time: 1hr
- 1 cup Toor Dal (Spilt Pigeon Peas)
- 1 large chopped Onion
- 1 large chopped Tomato
- 1 – 2 Green Chilli slit lengthwise
- 1″ finely chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- For Tadka:
- 1/4 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 4 – 5 Garlic Clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tblsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Chopped coriander leaves
How to make dal tadka in pressure cooker:
- Wash the dal few times and keep aside.
- Now add toor dal with 1 1/2 cup of water, salt and turmericin the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook the dal for 2 – 3 whistles and then let the pressure release on its own.
- Open the dal and check the consistency that u need.
- In a separate kadai, heat ghee and add the hing.
- Immediately add the jeera seeds. When the jeera begins to crackle add the chopped onion and finely chopped ginger.
- Fry till the onions gets pinkish and soft. Then add the chopped garlic.
- Stir fry till the raw smell of the garlic disappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Cook till the tomatoes get mushy and soft.
- Add the dry masala – red chilly powder, garam masala and kasoori methi.
- Without burning this masala add the boiled dal. Mix well.
- Dish out the dal in a serving bowl.
- To enhance the flavour, heat ghee in a pan add red color chilly powder and pour it over the dal before serving. But this step is optional.