Hers is recipe for gajar halwa without grating in pressure cooker. If you have been missing gajar ka halwa. Worry no more. This is the simplest recipe you can ever come across. An amazingly quick fix halwa which tastes divine. Now no more grating. No more standing long hours in kitchen. This gajar halwa can be made without khoya and without condensed milk. Lets find out how to make the easiest, yummiest and quickest gajar halwa without grating. Its time you give it a try.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 kg Carrot
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Small Cardamon Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Kishmish
- 2 tbsp Almond chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Pista chopped
How to make gajar halwa without grating in pressure cooker:
- Wash the carrots and peel them. Chop them in big pieces. You can even simply break them in big chunks.
- Put the pieces in a pressure cooker and add half of the milk.
- Keep the pressure cooker on HIGH flame and let 3 – 4 whistles come. If some milk splashes out while the cooker releases pressure then lower the flame and keep for 5 mins on low flame. There is another way to make halwa in pressure cooker. Refer the tips given at the end of the recipe.
- When the pressure releases naturally, open the lid and with the back of a ladle smash the carrot pieces to a pulp.
- Again put the pressure cooker for cooking on low flame and now add the remaining milk, ghee, kishmish and cardamon powder. You can increase or decrease the desi ghee according to your choice.
- Mix well and then increase the flame to high and cook the carrot-milk mixture while constantly stirring. Do not leave it unattended or the milk will stick to the bottom of the pan and this will cause the burnt smell to sweep in the halwa.
- After 10 – 12 the moisture will reduce. Now add the sugar and continue the process till the sugar gets absorbed completely.
- Soon the halwa will dry up and a shine will start coming.
- Keep the bhunao process on till the carrot mixture gets cooked to your desired consistency. Some like it crisp while some like the halwa soft and shiny.
- Once done add the chopped almonds. Mix well. Garnish with chopped pista.
- Serve the gajar halwa hot or cold as you prefer. This gajar ka halwa recipe without grating is a blessing when you want to eat gajar ka halwa but without putting in too much effort or if you are short of time
Tips for making gajar ka halwa in pressure cooker: