Bhindi Fry is an easy to make tasty dish.It is crispy and served as a side dish with rotis, rice or dal. Bhindi fry is an excellent choice for Birthday Parties, Lunch gatherings or when ever you have to cook for large number of people. It hardly takes 15 – 20 mins to cook it and is a great side dish to almost all kinds of North Indian dishes.
Bhindi Fry Without Onion Garlic | Crispy Bhindi Fry
- Chopping Board
- Bhindi (Okra)
- Haldi (Turmeric)
- Garam Masala
- Red Chilly Powder
- 500 gms Bhindi (Washed and slit in length)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 Vegetable Cooking Oil
How to Make Bhindi Fry without Onion :
- Wash the bhindi and dry it completely before you cut it.
- Heat oil in a kadai or heavy bottom pan and then add cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle then add the haldi. Stir it once.
- Add the slit bhindis and and salt.
- Stir fry on medium flame till it gets cooks and gets crispy and brown.
- Do not cover with lid while cooking.
- Now add the garam masala, ajwain, red chilly powder and coriander powder. Give it a nice mix.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes more and the bhindi fry is ready.
What To Serve With Bhindi Fry :
- Bhindi is a very versatile sabji. You can serve it with dal, rajma or chole or kadhi chawal.
- Bhindi fry tastes divine with plain paratha and hot cup of tea.
- It can be served with poori and raita and mango pickle.