Here is an easy bhindi ki sabji without onion and garlic recipe. Bhindi has always been an integral part of Indian menu. Across India you will find people consuming bhindi in either dry or curry version. It is perfect for beginners in Indian cooking or bachelors who live away from home but still want to eat home cooked meal. No onion and no garlic makes it a hassle free dish. Put this bhindi ki sabji in a kadai while you get the dal and rice or roti ready. In half and hour whole meal is ready.
So here is the recipe of bhindi ki sabji without onion and garlic or tomato.
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 – 3
- 500 gms bhindi (Ladyfinger)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder (Dry Mango powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cooking oil
How to make bhindi ki sabji without onion garlic :
- First wash the bhindi and pat it dry on a kitchen towel. Make sure the bhindi is completely dry or the bhindi will turn out slimy. Worry not incase it turns slimy them sprinkle ½ lemon juice on it.
- Now heat the oil in the kadai on a medium flame and now add the turmeric powder and immediately add the chopped bhindi.
- Stir it well and let it cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Then lower the flame and let the bhindi simmer for atleast 20 mins with an occasional stir often and on. After 10 mins the bhindi will start changing its color.
- Cook as long as much crispy as you want but remember extra crispy bhindi tastes bitter later.
- Once you are satisfied with the crispiness add the salt, amchur power, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 2 – 3 mins.
- Switch off the flame and dish it out.