Parwal or Pointed gourd is a not so popular vegetable. Aloo parwal ki sabji without onion garlic or also called bhujia is a perfect summer time dish made with very few spices can be made in a jiffy. Be it for lunch , dinner or for tiffin box.
But trust me this vegetable is a life saver when you are in Healthy eating mode and you have run out of all options. This humble parwal ki sukhi sabji comes to rescue. It has a unique taste and is very easy to make.
This aloo parwal sabji tastes best when made in mustard oil it add pungency but if not available any other oil would also do.
Do try out this pointed gourd potato stir fry and see how simple and easy it is to cook this sabji.
Parwal Aloo Ki Sukhi Sabji Without Onion Garlic | Parwal Aloo Ki Bhujia
- Kadai / Pan
- Parwal (Pointed Gourd)
- Aloo (Potatoes)
- Dry Masalas
- 250 gms Parwal (Pointed Gourd)
- 2 – 3 medium Potato
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Corainder Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Oil (Any oil)
- Salt to taste
How to make parwal aloo ki sukhi sabji :
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Chop the potatoes lengthwise into wedges. Keep them dipped in water till further use.
- Peel the parwal and cut each into half lengthwise.
- Now heat oil in the kadai and then add cumin seeds. When it begins to splutter.
- Add turmeric powder and then chopped potatoes.
- Cover them and cook them on low flame till the potatoes are half done.
- Once the potatoes are half cooked add chopped parwal.
- Cover again and cook till 3/4 th done. This will take 15 – 20 minutes.
- Then add the dry masalas- coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well, cover and let it cook further for 2 – 3 mins or till all the masalas get absorbed evenly by parwal.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the aloo parwal ki sabji to a serving bowl.
What To Serve With Parwal Aloo Ki Sukhi Sabji:
Storage Tips :
- Generally it is preferred to consume aloo parwal immediately. They do not taste so great if stored and re heated later.