Aloo baingan ki sukhi sabji without onion is a delight for all the baingan and aloo lovers. Simple and easy to make, this baingan alu ki sabji is surely a heart winner. The crispy aloo seasoned with dry spices makes it delish. Lets learn how to make dry aloo baingan without onion.
Serves : 2 – 3
Total Time: 30 mins
- 5 – 6 Small Baby Baingan (Brinjals)
- 4 – 6 medium Potatoes
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Green Chill slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
How to make aloo baingan dry sabji preparation:
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in roundels of 1/2 cm inch.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, keep the flame low and add the jeera. When it begins to spultter add the chopped aloo roundels.
- Let the aloo roundels cook for 10 mins on slow flame. The aloo roundels should get cooked 3/4 th and should get crispy.
- Now add the baingan roundels, ginger, green chillies and haldi and salt.
- Mix with a light hand, cover and let the sabji cook till the baingan and aloo gets soft too your liking.
- Keep stirring the sabji occasionally.
- Once the baingan are tender, add the garam masala, red chilly powder and amchur powder.
- Mix well and garnish the aloo baingan ki sabji with fresh coriander leaves and serve with dal and roti.