This a very simple aloo methi recipe. It is an every day cooking. Easy and quick to prepare. Learn how to make aloo methi ka saag Punjabi style.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves (cleaned, washed and finely chopped)
- 2-3 medium peeled and cut into small pieces aloo (potatoes)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
How to make aloo methi ka saag Punjabi style :
- Heat ghee and add onion and fry till pink and translucent.
- Add potaoes and cook till the potatoes are half done on a medium flame
- Add salt, turmeric and chili powder. Saute for a min.
- Add methi and mix well. Cook on a medium flame till done and till water is fully absorbed.
- Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.