Green coriander chutney is the easiest chutney to make. It not only enhances the taste of the meal but adds extra nutrition to the meal. This is a no taam-jhaam chutney. And it tastes great with dal-chawal and rajma cahwal or pakore or in chaat or even in sandwiches too. It is the simplicity of this recipe that makes it special. Though there are many suggestions which can enhance the flavor of the chutney. Like you can add sugar, or ginger or 1/2 tsp cumin seeds or green mango (ambi).
Green Coriander Chutney | Indian Green Coriander Sauce Recipe
- Mixer Grinder
- Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice
- Green Chilli
- 1 small bunch Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)
- 1 bunch Mint Leaves
- 1 Onion
- 2 inch Ginger piece (Optional)
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- Salt as per taste
- 6 – 8 Ice Cubes 6-8 ( Gives deep green color to the Chutney)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Lemon Juice
How to Make green coriander chutney :
- Clean, wash and roughly chop the coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Put them all together in a blender and grind it into a fine thick paste.
- Add little water if required.
- Adjust salt as per your taste.
- Your green coriander chutney is ready to be served.
- This green chutney tastes best when served fresh. But you can store it for few days in the fridge.
How many days we can store green chutney?
You can store green coriander chutney for 4 – 5 days easily in fridge. It does not get spoiled.
Can we freeze green chutney?
Yes you can freeze the green chutney in freezer for 2 – 3 mins. Just pour the chutney in ice tray and freeze it. Later when you want to use it just take out only 2 – 3 cubes and use it. Put the remaining ice tray back in the freeze.