Here is gobi ki sabzi for beginners. Easy, simple and quick dry cauliflower sabji. Amazingly yummy recipe which you can have with chapathi and raita. Cooking gobhi initially is tricky. If it is cooked to much it gets mushy and which does not taste good. But over a period of time you get a hang of how much to cook the gobi. This basic gobi ki sabzi tastes awesome with hot lal mirch ka paratha and pickle. Read along to find out how to make gobi ki sabzi for beginners.
Serves : 1 – 2
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 medium Gobi (Cauliflower)
- 1 ” inch Ginger piece (grated)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Corriander Powder (Sukha Dhania)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/2 Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder (Amchoor)(Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp chopped Corriander Leaves
How To Make Gobi Ki Sabji:
- Wash the gobhi (cauliflower), cut into small florets of 1/2 inch and keep them dipped in salt water for 15 – 20 mins. This is to disinfect the gobhi.
- Later when it is time to cook, drain the water and keep th gobhi aside.
- In a kadai / pan heat oil, add jeera seeds.
- When the jeera begins to crackle add hing and grated ginger.
- When the ginger begins to get crisp, add turmeric,salt and gobhi florets. Stir well.
- Cover it and allow it cook 10 mins. 2 – 3 times open the pan and stir the gobhi with light hand. A mushy gobhi does not taste good. It is important that the gobhi retains its bite.
- After 10 mins check the gobhi if it is done then add coriander powder, garam masala, amchoor and red chilly powder.
- Mix well with a light hand.
- Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Switch off the flame and open the kadai and check if the gobhi is done. Add half of chopped coriander leaves.
- If it is ready then dish it out and garnish with the remaining chopped green coriander.
- Serve the gobi ki sabzi hot with hot chapathi or paranthas.