Tinde ki sabzi is very easy to prepare and is an everyday side dish in summers in Indian homes. Generally tinde are made stuffed but this is another take on this vegetable. Apple gourd or Tinda is a water soluble vegetable which is rich in anti-oxidants and fiber. These light green round vegetables must in your diet if you want to stay healthy and fit.
Tinde Ki Sabji
- 250 gms Tinde (Scraped)
- 2 – 3 medium Onion
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 -3 big green chillies
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Few sprigs green coriander
- Chop the tindas into wedges of medium thickness.
- Cut the onion into thick slices and then separate each layer to create leaflets.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped tinda along with rest of the powdered spices except amchur. Mix well.
- Cook covered on low flame. When half done add the tomatoes, onion leaflets and the green chillies and mix well. Stir nicely. Cover and cook but turn the tinda occasionally.
- When till tinde are done, add amchur powder. Mix well. Garnish with chopped corainder leaves
- Serve hot your tinde ki sabzi with hot roti and raita.