1 medium Baingan (eggplant)
1/2 cup Cooked green peas
1 Finely chopped onions
1 Finely chopped tomatoes
1 Finely chopped green chilli
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Brush baigan (eggplant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
- Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add green peas and mashed baigan (eggplant). Stir well. Fry the baigan bhartha for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish the baigan bharta with green coriander leaves and serve hot.