Here we bring Shahi paneer without onion garlic. As the name suggests “Shahi” – so this recipe is full of richness from cashewnuts, melon seeds and cream. Shahi paneer is very commonly found in Indian restuarant menu. But this particular recipe is different as Shahi Paneer recipe here is Jain style that means no onion no garlic. Yet the taste is fantastic. The soft tender paneer cubes served with rustic tomato gravy flavoured with kasoori methi is simply lipsmacking. Lets know more how to make shahi paneer without onion garlic.
- 250 gms Paneer
- 3- 4 medium Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger Green Chilli Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Moti Elaichi
- 2 Green Cardamon
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly (For Color)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- Pinch of Hing(Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tblsp Cashew Nut (optional)
- 1/2 tblsp Melon Seeds (Magaz) (optional)
- 1 tblsp Malai/ Cream
- Salt to taste
- 2 -3 tblsp Oil/ Ghee
How to make Shahi paneer Jain Style:
- Cut the paneer in big cubes. Keep aside.
- Soak the cashewnuts and melon seeds in hot water and keep aside for atleast 1/2 hr. Then make a fine smooth paste of them using little water. Keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes and make a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadhai. Now add bay leaf and slightly crushed moti elaichi( so as to release the flavour), greem cardamon, cumin seeds and hing. When the jeera begins to splutter add kashmiri red chilly and tomato puree together. Let the paste saute will the oil is released from the sides. Now add the green chilli and ginger paste and also the cashewnut paste.
- Stir fry for 2 – 3 mins.
- Now add all the dry masalas like turmeric, salt, red chilly powder and kasoori methi. Kasoori methi used at this stage infuses a nice aroma in the curry.
- Bhunoa the paste for 5 mins till the paste gets really cooked and oil is released from the sides.
- Add malai and mix well.
- Add cut pieces of paneer and garam masala. Mix well with light hand. All paneer pieces should get coated with the masala.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and let the garvy cook for 5 minutes or till oil releases again on the sides.
- Transfer the paneer to a serveing bowl. Garnish with cream and kasoori methi.
- This easy shahi paneer can be relished with laccha parantha, tandoori roti or jeera rice.
Tips for shahi paneer without onion garlic: