Here we bring Shahi paneer without onion garlic. As the name suggests “Shahi” – so this recipe is full of richness from cashewnuts, melon seeds and cream. Shahi paneer is very commonly found in Indian restuarant menu. But this particular recipe is different as Shahi Paneer recipe here is Jain style that means no onion no garlic. Yet the taste is fantastic. The soft tender paneer cubes served with rustic tomato gravy flavoured with kasoori methi is simply lipsmacking. Lets know more how to make shahi paneer without onion garlic.
Shahi Paneer Without Onion Garlic
- Kadai / Pan
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Green Chilly
- Garam Masala
- Cashewnuts (Kaju)
- Melon Seeds
- 250 gms Paneer
- 3- 4 medium Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger Green Chilli Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Moti Elaichi
- 2 Green Cardamon
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly (For Color)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- Pinch of Hing(Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tblsp Cashew Nut (optional)
- 1/2 tblsp Melon Seeds (Magaz) (optional)
- 1 tblsp Malai/ Cream
- Salt to taste
- 2 -3 tblsp Oil/ Ghee
You might also like these No Onion No Garlic Paneer recipes:
How to Make Shahi Paneer Without Onion Garlic :
- Soak the cashewnuts and melon seeds in hot water and keep aside for atleast 1/2 hr. Then make a fine smooth paste of them using little water. Keep aside.
- Cut the paneer in big cubes. Keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes and make a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadhai. Now add bay leaf and slightly crushed moti elaichi( so as to release the flavour), greem cardamon, cumin seeds and hing. When the jeera begins to splutter add kashmiri red chilly and tomato puree together. Let the paste saute will the oil is released from the sides. Now add the green chilli and ginger paste and also the cashew nut paste.
- Stir fry for 2 – 3 mins.
- Now add all the dry masalas like turmeric, salt, red chilly powder and kasoori methi. Kasoori methi used at this stage infuses a nice aroma in the curry.
- Bhunoa the paste for 5 mins till the paste gets really cooked and oil is released from the sides.
- Add beaten malai and cook till it gets assimilated with the gravy masala.
- Now add cut pieces of paneer and garam masala. Mix well with light hand. All paneer pieces should get coated with the masala.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and let the gravy cook for 5 minutes or till oil releases again on the sides.
- Transfer the paneer to a serving bowl. Garnish with cream and kasoori methi.
Tips for shahi paneer without onion garlic:
What To Serve With Shahi Paneer :
- Main Course: Serve No Onion Garlic Pindi Chole or Rajma Curry or Satvik Palak Paneer or Arhar Dal.
- Side Dish : Bhindi Ki Sabji or Arbi Ki Sabji or Jeera Aloo
- Breads : For breads you can serve Roti, Naan, Paratha.
- Desserts: Shahi Tukda or Gulab Jamun.
Storage Tips :
- You can prepare shahi paneer and keep it stored for 4 – 5 days in fridge. Or the best thing is to prepare the gravy and keep it stored. When it is time to use it, reheat the gravy and add fresh paneer pieces to it. Do store it in a air tight container.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: Put the microwave container in the microwave and heat it for 2 – 3 mins.
Stovetop: Heat 1/2 cup of water in a pan and when the water begins to boil add the the shahi paneer. Let it simmer on low flame.