Easy homestyle Matar Paneer without onion garlic. This recipe is slightly unique. It uses Jaivitri which gives and all together a different taste to our humble matar paneer. The bright red color of the gravy makes it very inviting and appealing. Matar paneer is a very regular dish in every Punjabi household. All kids love it. During fresh peas season this recipe tastes all the more better. This matar paneer preparation without onion garlic is a very good option for dinner parties, lunch gathering, tiffin boxes and even potluck. Try this version of matar paneer and I can gurantee your guests will love it. So lets begin the recipe.
Matar Paneer Without Onion Garlic | No Onion Garlic Matar Paneer
- Kadai / Pan
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Green Chillies
- 250 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1/2 cup Matar (Peas)(Fresh or Frozen)
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Moti Elaichi
- 1 – 2 strands of Jaivitri
- 3 – 4 large – tomatoes pureed
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 – 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli (For Color)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tblsp Curd (Dahi)
- 1 tblsp Malai (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dhaniya
- Salt to taste
How to Make Matar Paneer Without Onion Garlic :
- Cut the paneer in small cubes. If the paneer is frozen then soak it in 30 mins in warm water.
- Make a puree of tomato, green chillies and ginger.
- Heat oil in kadai, on medium flame fry the paneer pieces till golden brown from both sides.
- Take them out and keep aside.
- If you want you can use fresh paneer as it is. You can skip frying of paneer.
- Now in the remaining oil add 1 tblsp of butter.
- Add bay leaves, jaivitri and moti elaichi.
- Add cumin seeds. When they begin to crackle add 1 – 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix slightly and add the tomato ginger puree.
- Cook the puree on medium flame till the puree gets reduced and oil separates.
- Then add all the dry masalas – coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder, salt, sugar.
- Saute for 2 – 3 minutes and then add dahi and malai mixture.
- Cook on high flame it all the water reduces and oil separates.
- Now add 1 cup of water and peas.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till the peas get cooked.
- Once the peas are done add the fried paneer pieces.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Do not cover cook or the paneer will get chewy.
- Keep the matar paneer sabji covered for 10 – 15 mins to let the paneer absorb the flavor.
- You can add less water and make this matar paneer as sukhi sabji too.
- Open and sprinkle kasoori methi and chopped green coriander on it.
- Your yummy matar paneer without onion garlic is ready to be served.
What To Serve With No Onion Garlic Matar Paneer :
Storage Tips :
- You can store this sabji in fridge for 2 – 3 days. You can even store it for 2 months in deep freezer.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: When it is time to use it just thaw it and then heat it in the mircowave for 3 – 4 mins.
Stovetop: Pour the matar paneer sabji in the pan and let it simmer on low flame for 5 mins. It is important that the paneer is cooked till inside.