Here is no onion garlic palak paneer restaurant style. This satvik or Jain palak paneer recipe is amazingly easy and simple to prepare. It can be prepared in less than 30 mins. Make this palak paneer restaurant style and dazzle your family members, friends and guests with your culinary skils. Lets learn how to make palak paneer without onion garlic.
This palak paneer has silky smooth curry. This curry is a feast for the eyes. The white paneer cubes dipped in green palak curry is an elegant sight.
Prestige Stainless Steel Gas Kadai with Glass Lid
Heat resistant handles with 5 Years warranty
A heavy bottom with heavy bottom for even distribution of heat along with toughened glass lid makes it an ideal kadai.
- 500 gms Clean Palak (Spinach)
- 200 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 – 3 medium Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 2 – 3 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
- 1″ inch Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 1/2 tblsp Cahewnuts (Kaju)
- 2 tblsp Ghee / Oil
- 1 Taj Patta
- 1 – 2 Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1/4 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 cup Cream / Beaten Malai
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tblsp Fresh Amul Cream
How to make no onion garlic palak paneer:
- Take around 750 – 900 gms of palak to get around 500 gms of clean spinach leaves.
- Clean the spinach and wash it 3 -4 times to remove all the sand in it.
- Boil the spinach in little water and 1/2 tsp sugar for 5 – 10 mins. Immediately switch off the flame and put it in cold water to stop the cooking of spinach. This will keep the color of the spinach green. Definitely an extra step but helps in maintaining the green color of palak.
- Once the palak cools down, make a puree of it. Keep aside.
- Cut the paneer in 1 inch cubes.
- In a pan, add oil and shallow fry cubes of paneer on medium flame till golden brown. Just remmeber that frying paneer is optional. You can use raw paneer as it is.
- In a blender jar make puree of tomatoes, green chilly, ginger and chopped cashewnuts. This puree should be smooth and no pieces of cashewnuts should be there.
- In a pan heat the ghee or oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds begin to crackle add hing and tej patta and badi elaichi.
- After 30 secs add the tomato-cashewnut puree.
- Let it cook for 5 mins or till the oil separates.
- Now add the dry masalas – coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add the puree and stir well. Add 2 tablespoon of water and cover the pan, lower the flame and let it cook for 10 mins. Open and stir occasionally to ensure that palak does not get burnt.
- Now add the cream and mix well.
- Add cubed paneer (fried or raw).
- Cover and let the palak cook for 2 more minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Take out the palak paneer in a serving dish.
- In a small tpan heat the butter and as soon as the butter melts add the kashmiri red chilly powder and immediately pour it over the palak paneer.
- Garish with crushed kasori methi and cream.
- Your satvik palak paneer is ready to be served.
You might also like these paneer recipes:
What To Serve With Palak Paneer :
Palak paneer goes very well with tandoori roti, laccha paratha, arhar dal, dal makhani, naan or jeera rice.
How To Remove Bitterness From Palak :
Sometimes the palak has a bitter taste. If you know in advance that palak in your region is generally bitter than while make puree of boiled palak, add 30 – 50 grams of coriander (fresh hara dhania) in it. Yes you heard it correct fresh coriander leaves. This adds sweetness to the spinach curry. But if you realize that palak is bitter after it has been cooked then add few drops of lemon to it. That should work.
How Long Can you Store / Freeze Palak Paneer :
You can store palak paneer in refrigerator for 2 days and in freezer for a month.
Reheating Tips of Palak Paneer :
To reheat, you can heat it in microwave if you had stored in a microwave proof container.
Else you can heat 2 tblsp of water in a pan and you can take whole or part of cooked palak paneer in it. Let it simmer on low flame for 5 – 10 mins covered with a lid. Also you can give fresh tadka to it again.