Here is a simple rajma curry recipe without onion and garlic. Rajma chawal is a comforting wholesome meal enough to cheer anybody. It’s everyones childhood favourite and still is, perfect enough to fall in love with it’s Deliciousness. Its great for lunch and the way this is made at home – it tastes all the more divine the next day. This rajma curry recipe is a tad different as it has no onion garlic but it relies a lot on the flavour of Adrak and Badi Elaichi. Lets learn how to make Jain rajma curry.
Serves: 3- 4
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 2 – 3 Tomatoes
- 2 Badi Elaichi
- 2 Green Chilles
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp GaramMasala
- 3 – 4 tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee Desi/ Oil
- Salt to taste
How To make rajma curry without onion garlic:
- Wash and soak the rajma overnight.
- Next day pressure cook next day with four cups of water. Then take out rajma and keep rajma and its water separate. Mash half of rajma with ladle.
- Grind the tomatoes, green chillies and elaichi in a mixer together.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Add kashmiri red chilly powder. Kashmiril al mirch powder gives the gravy a lovely colour.
- Immediately add the grinded tomato mixture and grated adrak and fry on high for a while till the raw smell is gone.
- Lower the flame and add the red chilli powder, haldi and coriander powder.
- Fry till the masala leaves oil on the sides.
- Add the boiled rajma and stir well to mix with the masala.
- After 2-3 mins add leftover rajma stock and simmer at low heat till consistency you need.
- Now add garam masala and crushed kasuri methi.
- Let it cook for 2 – 3 mins. Switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving bow.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and some cream and fresh ginger juliennes.
- Serve hot with some jeera rice, mix veg salad and some raita.
Tips for making jain rajma curry: