An amazing arbi ki sabji for vrat / fast for people who are fasting either for Navratra or any other kind of vrat. You will find arbi generally in all kinds of vrat thalis. The procedure to make this falhari arbi is really very simple and requires very few ingredients. Yet it is delicious and just right when you are about to break your fast.
Vrat Ki Arbi Ki Sabzi | Falhari Arbi
- Pressure Cooker
- Kadai / Pan
- Arbi Colocassia
- Sendha Namak
- Green Chillies
- 250 gms Arbi / Colocassia (Try to pick Arbi which is medium size and also pieces are staright and not knotted. It is easier that way to peel them post boiling without wasting any piece.)
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies Slit
- 2 – 3 tblsp Ghee / oil
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kala Namak (Rock Salt)
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Kali Mirch (Black Pepper powder)
- Sendha Namak according to taste
- 1 tblsp chopped Green Coriander
How to Make Vrat Ki Arbi Ki Sabzi :
- Wash the arbi thoroughly and boil it for 2 whistles in cooker. Cook them just 75%. This is just enough to let the peel come off easily. Make sure you do not overdo it.
- When you touch the arbi it should feel stiff and not mushy. This is the most important step. If done properly you will get crispy exterior of the arbi discs.
- Keep the boiled arbi in chilled water for a minute, the peel will come off easily.
- Cut the arbi into even discs or roundels.
- Sprinkle all the dry masalas on the arbi and mix them with a light hand so as to not mash the arbi. Keep aside.
- Now add ghee / oil in a thick bottomed / nonstick kadai. Making this sabji in ghee takes this sabji all together to a different level.
- When the ghee heats up the oil , gslit green chillies and stir fry till it gets crisp.
- Then add the masala coated arbi pieces.
- At low flame gently toss over the pieces so that all the arbi pieces are coated with ghee.
- Let them roast till you see little crispness on outside.
- Toss gently. Once the exterior becomes crisp switch off the flame.
- Trasfer the falhari arbi ki sabji to a bowl and garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Falhari Arbi :
- Serve vrat ki arbi with dahi and sabudana kheer, lauki burfi to make it a complete meal.