Crispy arbi fried is a really simple and easy recipe which can be served not only as side dish but also as a starter. It is a perfect party snack and is loved by young and old alike. Within minutes it is gone. Besides it is ano hassle dish. Here are the steps for how to make crispy arbi fry.
250 gms Arbi
3/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder(Lal Mirch)
1/2 tsp Amchoor (Dry Mango Powder)
1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
1/4 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
2 tblsp Atta / Rice Flour
Salt as required
2 -3 tblsp Oil
How to make arbi fry:
- Boil the arbi till tender maybe 2 whistles in pressure cooker. Make sure that it is not over cooked. We want soft arbi pieces holding the shape. Keep it aside for 10 – 15 mins to cool before you begin.
- When slightly cool cut the boiled and peeled arbi into round small pieces.
- In a plate or bowl mix atta or rice flour, red chilly powder, amchoor, ajwain and salt.
- Now add the cut arbi pieces and mix well so that all the masala mix is evenly coated on the arbi pieces.
- In a pan / kadai, heat oil and add hing and then add the arbi pieces and shallow fry on medium heat.
- Flip the pieces when one side becomes crispy golden. Keep tossing occasionally till all the pieces are golden.
- Seve this cripsy arbi fry hot as a side dish or as a starter.