Vrat ki kadhi recipe is very much similar to regular dahi ki kadhi. Here we make use of singhara atta so that it can be consumed during vrats like Navratri and Mahashivratri. Singhara atta kadhi is simple to make. It goes well with kuttu ki puri or samak chawal.
Time Taken: 1 hr
1 cup Curd (Dahi)
1 tblsp Singhare Ka Atta (Waterchestnut Flour)
1 tblsp oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Rock Salt / Sendh Namak
1 tsp Ginger Green Chilly Paste
1 tsp Ghee / oil
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
10 Curry Leaves
2 Dried Red Chillies
1 tblsp fresh chopped green Coriander
How to make singhara atta kadhi :
- Beat the curd smooth with a whisker and then add singhare ka atta to it and make a very smooth batter. Make sure there are no lumps. Keep this aside.
- Now in a heavy bottom kadai / pan heat some oil / ghee and add the cumin seeds. When they begin to sputter add the ginger green chilly paste and saute it for 1 minute.
- Lower the flame and add the curd mixture and stir constantly or lumps will form. Cook for 10 minutes or till the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the salt. Transfer it to a bowl.
- For the Tadka:
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a small pan and add the curry leaves and a little later the dried red chillies and just before pouring the tadka on the kadhi add th ered chilly powder. Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve it with samak chawal.
- Tip: To make it more tasty you can add singhare ke atte ke pakore to this and make it similar to regular kadhi pakora.