Singhare ka halwa is a super easy yet delicous and nutritious halwa recipe for the Navratri vrat. Kuttu ka halwa is packed with potassium and goes very well with the Navratri thali. Learn how to make singhare ka halwa.
Time Taken: 20 mins
Serves: 3 person
1 cup Singhade ka atta
1 cup Ghee or clarified butter
1 cup Sugar (or as per taste)
2 cups warm Water
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / elaichi
3 tsp chopped cashewnut and almond mix
1/2 tblsp Grated dry coconut for garnishing
How to make singhara halwa
- Take a thick bottomed kadhai or pan and heat ghee. Make sure that the ghee does not get too hot.
- Lower the flame to slow and add the singhade ka atta and roast it while stirring continously till it starts turning brown. This takes approx. 7 to 8 minutes.
- Keep stirring continously or the flour might get burnt.
- Now add warm water slowly while stirring continously otherwise lumps will form.
- Add sugar and mix everything.
- Add the cardamom powder and keep stirring till the desired halwa consistency is reached. This should take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the nuts and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the halwa to a serving bowl and garnish with grated coconut.