1/4 cup mixed nuts, coarsely ground
5 green chillies, cut finely
oil as needed
1/2 cup grated coconut
5 potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
salt and sugar
1/2 cup coriander leaves, cut
1 cup fine breadcrumbs
For the gravy:
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 cup cream
3 tomatoes pureed
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp sugar
3 cup curd
1 tsp turmeric powder
How to make malaiwale kofte :
- Make lemon-sized balls out of the mashed potatoes.
- If the potato mash is soft, mix in bread slices dipped in water (squeeze out all water) to the mash and knead well.
- Prepare stuffing by mixing coconut, dry nuts, chillies, coriander leaves, salt and sugar to taste.
- Flatten each potato ball, put in a small quantity of this stuffing and fold around.
- Roll each ball in breadcrumbs.
- When all koftas are ready, deep fry them carefully in hot oil.
- Remove and reserve.
- Heat up 4 tbsps.
- Oil in a fresh pan, mix in cumin seeds, powdered spices, then tomato puree and curd.
- Fry till blended.
- Mix in sugar, salt, cream and simmer.
- Drop in the koftas and serve decorated with a little cream and coriander leaves.