Vrat ke aloo is the most commonly made sabzi during the vrat. Vrat wale aloo ki sabzi can not only be made in a jiffy but are yummy too. Learn how to make vrat ke aloo.
Time Taken : 10 minutes
3 medium size Boiled Potatoes (Aloo)
1 Green chilly slit long
1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder(Haldi)
1/2 tsp Whole Coriander Seeds(Sabut Dhania)
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal mirch)
1/2 tsp Sendha namak (To Taste)
1 tblsp full Green Coriander Chopped
1 tblsp Oil
How to make vrat ke aloo :
- Chop the boiled potatoes into cubes and keep aside.
- Pound the whole coriander seeds coarsely.
- Now heat oil in a kadai and put the jeera. Add the green chilly. Keep a tablespoon of water ready. Once the jeera sputters put turmeric powder, crushed whole coriander seeds, and red chilly powder. Immediately pour the tablespoon water or the red chilly powder will burn.
- Stir it till all the water gets evaporated and then add salt and chopped potatoes. Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated well with this masala.
- Roast it for 2 -3 minutes on low flame till a nice shine comes on the potatoes.
- Then sprinkle the chopped green coriander.
- Vrat ke jeera aloo is ready. It can be served with kuttu ki puri or kuttu ka paratha.