Potatoes are a great source of energy. Vrat ke aloo is made without haldi with the addition peanuts. Crunchy peanuts and crispy aloo makes it a fantastic recipe for fasting and vrat. Whats best is that they get ready in less than 10 mins. They taste great with ghee.
Vrat Ke Aloo | Vrat Wale Aloo Fry
Vrat ke aloo – Crispy aloo with crunchy peanuts and a dash of lime with sliced green chillies, a luscious combination. Just perfect for navratri vrat and fast. Lets know how to make vrat wale aloo fry.
- Kadai / Pan
- Peanuts (Moongphali)
- Green chillies
- Curry Leaves
- Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
- 3- 4 large Potatoes
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 2 tblsp roasted and coarsely Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 5 – 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Sendha Namak to taste (Rock Salt)
- 2 tsp Oil or Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tblsp chopped coriander for garnishing
How to Make vrat wale aloo fry:
- Wash and boil the potatoes. Make sure the potatoes do not get over cooked and mushy.
- Cut them in big cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- Once they start spluttering, add the green chillies and curry leaves.
- Then the diced potatoes and sendha namak. Mix well and saute for 2 – 3 minutes till the potatoes start to get crispy.
- Then add roasted peanuts. Mix well. Saute for another minute.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and chopped green coriander.
What To Serve With Vrat Ke Aloo :
- Vegetables: Serve your vrat ke aloo with Vrat ka paneer.
- Curd: Serve it with Dahi or mix fruit raita.
- Breads: Serve it with rajgira poori.
- Dessert: Sabudana Ki Kheer