Here is the perfect sabudana vada recipe. The crisp exterior and soft insides is what makes it special. Here is a very simple recipe with amazing delicious outcome. In India sabudana vada with dahi are consumed during fasts. But you can enjoy these sabudana vadas anytime of the day – breakfast, evening snacks with a hot cup of tea. So lets find out more how to make perfect sabudana vada.
Serves : 3- 4
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Sabudana Vada Ingredients In English
- 1 cup Sabudana soaked overnight
- 1 tsp crushed Ginger
- 1/2cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 3 – 4 medium boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 2 chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2-3 tbsp chopped Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil For frying
How to make perfect sabudana vada:
- Wash the sabudana 2 – 3 times in water and then soak them in water just till the top of the sabudana. This is important or the sabudana becomes too soggy. Soak them overnite or for 6 – 8 hours. Once the sabudana gets soft take a fork and fluff up the sabudana with a light hand.
- Dry roast the peanuts and then crush them coarsely. But ensure not to make a fine powder.
- In a big bowl add mashed potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, coarsely powdered roasted peanuts, chopped green chiily, salt, red chilly powder, chopped curry leaves, crushed ginger, soaked sabudana.
- Mix all the ingredients together just that everything is mixed properly and binded together.
- Now wet your hand and take a small ball of the mixture and form flattened disc.
- Deep fry all the vadas in medium hot oil on both sides till the vada fluffs up. Intially the vadas will sink at the bottom but gradually they will start floating up. Keep an eye and keep flipping from time to time and when they get golden from both sides take themm out on absorbent.
- Your perfect sabudana vadas are ready. Serve them hot with green chutney or ketchup.
- Incase your sabudana vadas are breaking in oil when deep frying then here are few tips and tricks to rescue them.
If Sabudana Vada is breaking in Oil:
In case your sabudana vadas are breaking in oil when deep frying then here are few tips and tricks to rescue them.
- It is important to ensure that there is no extra water in sabudana before you use it.
- Always boil few extra potatoes. And if the vadas begin to break add few mashed potatoes to the vada.
- You can also add 1 tsp Besan (gramflour) to get more binding. In case you are