Vrat Ke Chawal or samak ke chawal are easy and quick to make. These vrat ke chawal keeps you full for atleast 3 to 4 hours. Learn how to make vrat ke chawal.
125 gms samak ke chaawal
3 cup water
2 – 3 cashewnuts fried
30 gm ghee
2 tsp kala namak
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 big size potato, diced
cinnamon stick, tiny piece
Green Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make vrat ke chawal :
- Heat up ghee, mix in cumin seeds, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon.
- When slightly coloured, mix in potato and rice.
- Stir-fry till they look a bit fried.
- Mix in salt, chilli powder and water, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or till cooked through and the water is absorbed.
- Decorate with corinder leaves and serve hot.