Vrat ke dahi wale aloo goes very well with kuttu puri or kuttu ka paratha. This no garlic no onion recipe is simply not only tasty but refreshing too. Learn how to make dahi wale aloo.
Vrat wale Dahi Ke Aloo | Dahi Wale Aloo For Fast
Vrat wale dahi ke aloo is a simple potato recipe which goes very well with samak chawal, kuttu ki poori or singhare ka parantha. It is very light and aromatic just right for Navratri or any Fast. These vrat wale dahi ke aloo taste best when cooked fresh. Try them one time and they will become your favorite.
- Kadai / Pan
- Sendha Namak
- 4 Potatoes Half boiled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Jeera(Cumin Seeds)
- 1 – 2 Laung (Cloves)
- 1/2 ” Cinnamon
- 1 tblsp Ghee or any Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sendha Namak
- 200 gms Curd
- 100 gms Water
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Kuttu Atta (or any phalari atta)
- 1/2 tsp Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
- Oil for frying
How to Make Vratwale Dahi Ke Aloo :
- Make a mixture of the all the ingredients under the Curd Mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for frying and fry the half boiled potatoes till golden. Take them out on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil and then put them in the curd mixture and let them soak for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Later in a kadai add the ghee and put cumin seeds. When they sputter add the cloves and cinnamon stick. Stir fry for 30 secs and then add the turmeric powder, grated ginger, red chilly powder. Stir for once and then add the potatoes soaked in the curd mixture without the liquid. Just add the soaked potatoes.
- Fry them in the ghee for a minute or two. Then add the curd mixture slowly and cook till the oil separates.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with finely chopped green coriander and serve with samak rice or kuttu puri.
What To Serve With Vratwale Dahi Ke Aloo :
- These dahi ke aloo will taste wonderful when served with kuttu puri, shakarkand ki chaat, makhana ki kheer, crispy arbi and salad.