Vrat ke dahi wale aloo goes very well with kuttu puri or kuttu ka paratha. This no garlic no onion recipe is simply not only tasty but refreshing too. Learn how to make dahi wale aloo.
Total Time Taken : 40 minutes
4 Potatoes Half boiled and cubed
1/2 tsp Ginger grated
1 tsp Jeera(Cumin Seeds)
1 tblsp Ghee or any Oil
1/4 tsp Sendha Namak
200 gms Curd
100 gms water
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
1 tsp kuttu atta (or any phalari atta)
1/2 tsp Sendha Namak(Rock Salt)
Oil for frying
How To Make Dahi Wale Aloo :
- Make a mixture of the all the ingredients under the Curd Mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for frying and fry the half boiled potatoes till golden. Take them out on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil and then put them in the curd mixture and let them soak for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Later in a kadai add the ghee and put cumin seeds. When they sputter add the turmeric powder, grated ginger, red chilly powder. Stir for once and then add the potatoes soaked in the curd mixture without the liquid. Just add the soake potatoes.
- Fry them in the ghee for a minute or two. Then add the curd mixture slowly and cook till the oil separates.
- Turn off the fire and garnish with finely chopped green coriander and serve with samak rice or kuttu puri.