Malai tinda perfect summer time sabji. Tinde are light on stomach and have a cooling effect on the stomach. They are a rich source of Vitamin A. But not many people are fond of tinde. So here is tinda in a new avatar. Generally it is made as stuffed. But this recipe has added a royal touch and gave it a new avatar. You are so going to love it.
Malai Tinda | No Onion Garlic Tinda Sabji
- Kadai / Pan
- TInda (Apple Gourd)
- Dahi (Curd)
- Dry Masala
- 1/2 kg Tinde (Apple guard)
- 1/2 Curd
- 2 – 3 tblsp Malai (Cream formed on the top of boiled milk)
- A big pinch Hing
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander Powered )
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tblsp Ghee /Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tblsp chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves
How to Make Malai Tinda :
- Wash and peel the tinda. Cut them in long slices.
- Heat oil in pan. Add hing and jeera. Add haldi stir for few seconds and then add the chopped tinda and salt.
- Stir well and then cover the pan and let the tinda cook till done. This should take 10 mins.
- Now open the lid and add red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well
- Let the tinde cook for 5 more mins and let the masala sweep in.
- Meanwhile mix malai and curd and beat them together.
- Make sure the tindas are done and then add beaten curd – malai mixture to the sabzi.
- On high flame cook the sabji till the gravy thickens to the desired consistency. This should take 5 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Sprinkle some crushed kasoori methi.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander.
What To Serve With Malai Tinda :
You can serve the malai tinda with simple roti, chapathi or even with steamed rice.
You can even dry out the gravy completely and serve it as a side dish.
Storage Tips :
You can store malai tinda in freeze for just a day. And in a deep freezer for pretty long. But since it is a water based vegetable it is advisable not to store it for long.
Reheating Tips :
Just heat the sabji in a microwave vessel for 5 minutes. To reheat on a stovetop,add some ghee and then add this malai tinda sabji. Let it simmer for few minutes. The sabji is as good as new.