Singhare ke pakore is the most famous and commonly made during fasting or vrat. These vrat wale pakode are very tasty and easy to make. Learn how to make singhare ke aate ke pakore.
Singhare Ke Pakode For Navratra| Water Chestnut Kakode For Vrat
- Kadai for frying
- Singhare Ka Atta (Buckwheat Flour)
- Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
- Aloo (Potatoes)
- 250 gms Singhade Ka Atta
- 200 gms Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 tblsp Green chopped Coriander
- 2 finely chopped Green Chillies
How to Make Singhare Ke Pakode :
- Take the flour in a wide mouth bowl and make a smooth batter of singhare ka atta by adding water little by little till it is of dropping consistency.
- Now add chopped green chillies, coriander and salt.
- Beat it for 2 -3 minutes and then keep aside.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them in desired shapes – like french fries or in small cubes.
- Now heat oil in a kadhai. When the oil is hot slow down the flame and the chopped potatoes in the batter and then smear 5 -6 potato pieces in the batter properly and place them in the heated oil.
- Do not place too many potato pieces together as either they will burn or not get cooked properly.
- Keep turning them once in a while with a slotted spoon. Once till golden brown take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Then serve them hot with green chutney and curd.
- Note: There is another way to make these pakore. Instead of making the batter of the singhare ka aata. You can sprinkle this aata on the chopped potatoes and chopped coriander and chillies and mix well so that all the potatoes are covered with it. If need be add some water to make it easy to smear each potato piece with the flour. Then fry them till golden brown.
What To Serve With Singhare Ke Pakode :
- You can serve these singhare ke pakode with curd and green chutney.
- You can also serve them with aloo ki sabji.
Storage Tips :
- You can store these pakode for 3 – 4 days.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: You can reheat them in the microwave for 3 – 4 mins.
Air Fryer: Air frying the pakoras is the best choice. Air fry them for 3 – 4mins and they are as good as fresh ones and crispier too.