Here’s a delicious, quite filling fried bread recipe with sago/sabudana. Learn how to make sabudane ki puri.
1 cup wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 cup refined flour (maida)
1/2 cup pea seeds (matar)
1/2 cup sago (saboodana)
1 green chilly (hari mirch)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
clarified butter (ghee) for frying
How to make sabudane puri :
- Soak sabudane for an hour.
- Boil pea and then mash them.
- Finely chop hari mirch.
- Mix atta and maida along with salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Knead into dough and leave it covered for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry hing, lal mirch, dhania, 1/2 tsp namak, hari mirch, matar and sabudana for 1-2 minutes until water dries up.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll each into small chapatti.
- Stuff these with the above mixture and again roll into thin and small puri.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry each puri in ghee.
- When cooked on one side turn it and cook on the other side also until it turns light brown.
- Serve them hot.