Enjoy making easy Gulab Jamun with milk powder this festive season. Gulab Jamun is one of the most loved dessert in India. These sticky sweet deep fried delicious balls are not for the weight watchers but no one can resist these sinful beautiesThey are loved by one and all. Here is a fast and easy gulab jamun making recipe.
Gulab Jaman with Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Maida (White Flour)
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk Powder Freshly opened
- 1 tbsp Ghee Soft and Melted
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- 2 Cup Sugar (Chinni)
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Elaichi Powder (Cardamon Powder)
- 3-4 strings Saffron (Kesar)
- 4 tbsp Fresh Milk at room temperate
- 1/2 cup Flour (Maida)
- 1 1/2 cup Milk powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee, melted
- 1/8 th tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
- 3-4 strings Saffron (Kesar)
- 3-4 tblsp Milk (at room temperature)
For Garnish :
- 1 tsp chopped Pistahios
How to make easy gulab jamun from milk powder :
- Soak the saffron in 1 tblsp of water. Keep aside.
- In a bowl mix together maida, milk powder, baking soda and ghee.
- Rub everything together with your finger tips. Very soon you will get fine crumb texture.
- Now adding little by little milk make a soft dough of this maida milk powder mixture. It is important that the dough is neither too soft or too dry and crumbly. If the dough is very soft while frying the balls will break. And if it is too dry the balls will turn hard.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 10 mins.
- In a separate vessel lets prepare the sugar syrup (chashni)
- In a pan add the sugar and water and let it boil till the sugar gets dissolved. This should take 10 mins.
- Keep boiling the syrup for 5-10 minutes till you get a light sticky syrup.
- After that with your fingers do a consistency test. The syrup should be just sticky and not form strings.
- Once the syrup is done off the flame and keep aside.
- Add the cardamom powder and water soaked saffron
- Check the dough. If it has hardened a bit just add few drops of water or milk and knead softly till it becomes a smooth dough again.
- Now grease your hands with oil and make small balls of the dough. Do not roll them tight or firm. Make sure there are no cracks on the balls.
- Important : remmeber the gulab jamuns will double in size so make small balls.
- Roll them and keep aside in a plate.
- Keep oil for deep frying. Keep the oil on very low flame for frying.
- Slide in the prepared jamuns carefully in the oil and fry them on a very low flame. Do not keep the flame high as they will darken very soon. Also try not to touch the gulab jamuns with the laddle. Just swirl the oil and the gulab jamuns will move on their own. This will ensure that the balls do not break and the gulab jamuns fry evenly.
- Now drain the fried gulaba jamuns on an absorbent paper and drop them in the sugar syrup when they are hot itself. Remember that the syrup should be warm when you drop them in the syrup. Neither cold not hot. This will ensure that the jamuns absorb the syrup and get soft.
- Keep them for 10-15 minutes to absorb the syrup and they will double up in size.
- Your soft and tasty Gulab Jamuns are ready.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachios while serving.
What To Serve With Gulab Jamun :
- You can serve it with vanilla ice cream
- You can serve it with 2-3 drops of Rose water for the rose taste.
Storage Tips :
- Once its at room temperate, put Gulab Jamun in a container where each is not pushing against each other.
- Ensure to have the gulab jamun dipped in the sugar syrup to 60%-70% level.
- Gulab Jamun can be stored in refrigerator for 5-7 days
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: If its directly coming out from the bridge and is quite cold, then heat Gulab Jamun in microwave for about 3-4 minutes. If its at room temperature, heat it in microwave for 2 mins before serving.