Rasmalai is a flavourful mouth melting dessert from the state of Bengal. Rasmalai is soft disc shaped balls of ricotta cheese served in sweet liquid. Learn how to make rasmalai at home.
2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 32 oz half & half milk
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
How to make rasmalai at home :
- Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread out on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until it sets. It should not get brown.
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2″ squares.
- Place them in a dessert bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a separate dish and pour over the squares.
- Decorate the rasmalai with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.