Gulab Jamun is one of the most loved Indian sweets. Here is an easy recipe which requires no special ingredients. These melt in mouth gulab jamuns can be made instantly and can win many hearts. Enjoy making them and eating them too. Here is recipe for how to make gulab jamun with milk powder.
Total Time: 45
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Suji
- 2 tblsp Ghee
- Whole milk just enough to make the dough
For the Sugar Syrup
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup water
- 4 – 5 Cardamom
- few drops of lemon
- 1/2 tsp Rose Water
- Few strands of kesar
- Oil for frying
How to make gulab jamun with milk powder:
- Soak the suji in a 1/2 cup of water so as to make it soft.
- In a bowl mix milk powder, ghee, baking powder and flour. Drain out all the excess water from the soaked suji and add it to the bowl. Now mix together by rubbing the mixture between your palms to ensure everything gets mixed properly. Do not knead it.
- Add just enough of whole milk to make a medium-hard mixture. Cover with a damp yet dry kitchen towel and keep aside for 20 – 25 mins.
- Later divide the mixture into 18-20 portions. Make small balls by gently rolling each portion between your palms into a smooth ball. Place the balls on a plate.
- Heat the oil on high and then lower the heat to medium. Slip in the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan, one by one. They will sink to the bottom of the pan, but do not try to move them. Instead, gently shake the pan to keep the balls from browning on just one side. After about 5 mins, the balls will rise to the surface. The balls should rise slowly to the top if the temperature is just right. Now take a slotted spoon and move it in circular motion in the oil, making sure not to touch the balls. This will shake the balls and even ensure even browing of all the balls.
- If the temperature of the oil is too high then the gulab jamuns will tend to break. So adjust the temperature to ensure that the gulab jamuns do not break or cook too quickly.
- The balls must be fried very slowly under medium temperatures.This will ensure complete cooking from inside and even browning.
- The sugar syrup should be thinner tha 1 string consistency.
- To make sugar syrup : Boil 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water in a pan and then add some green cardamoms and let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame and then add rose waterkeep aside.
- Once all the balls are fried soak them in the sugar syrup for 1 – 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish them with dry fruits and serve.