Here is a very simple stuffed capsicum Indian recipe. It is not only a very good side dish but can act as a yummy starter too. Lets learn how to make stuffed capsicum Indian style.
- 5-6 Capsicum (simla mirch)
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp boiled green peas
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/4th tsp Garam masala
- 1/4th tsp Dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Oil/ghee for frying
How To Make Stuffed Capsicum Indian Style :
- Cut the top of the capsicums and scoop out the seeds. Smear some oil all over the capsicums and leave aside.
- Heat oil in a flat bottom pan. Add the jeera and when it splutters add the chopped onions and green chilies. Saute for a minute. Then add the boiledpeas and the dry spices except garam masala .
- Cover and cook for a minute or two. Then add the chopped Coriander leaves and garam masala. Now fill the capsicum cavities with this potato mixture.
- Now take oil/ghee in a kadhai and fry the stuffed capsicums on all sides. Keep turning very often as capsicum gets cooked very soon.
- Baked Version: You can even bake the capsicums in a OTG. Forthat add some grated cheese on top and place it on a microwave bowl. Cover it with cling film. Make few incisions on the cling film and microwave it for 5 mins on high power. Then transfer the stuffed capsicum on the high rack and grill it in oven for 5-6 mins till you get a nice browning on top.
- Garnish the bharawan capsicum with grated paneer and chopped coriander leaves.Serve hot.