A super easy Sindhi tariyal aloo fry recipe. These fried aloo can be made in under less than 15 mins. They go perfect with plain parantha and even dal. Perfect lunch box / tiffin recipe. They complete the entire meal. These Sindhi tariyal aloo fry are spicy and tangy. The chat masala and mint powder makes these fried aloo just awesome and super devine. Something that would definitely uplift your mood on a dal day. It is the simplicity of this recipe that makes it special. Know to cook this Sindhi potato delicacy here.
Serves : 2
Total Time: 15 mins
- 3 – 4 Potato (Aloo)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chunky Chaat Masala (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Pudina Powder (Mint Powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 tblsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp chopped green coriander
How to make Sindhi tariyal aloo fry:
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut them evenly in roundels. Keep them soaked in water till further use.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- When they begin to sputter add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, kaashmiri red chilly powder, salt, coriander powder and then add potato roundels. Mix well.
- Mix well. Lower the flame to low and let the potatoes cook.
- Occasionally stir the potatoes.
- Once done add the mint powder.
- Garnish with chat masala and coriander leaves.
- Serve these Sindhi tariyal aloo hot with roti and paratha.