Here is Sindhi kadhi recipe without onion and garlic. This recipe is super easy and can be prepared very quickly. Mostly all the ingredients are available at home. So lets learn how to make Sindhi kadhi at home.
- 5 tblsp Oil
- Pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Green Chillies to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methidana)
- 6 tblsp Gram flour (Besan)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- A pinch Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 200 gms Mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)
- 2 tblsp Tamarind (Imli) pulp
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 Sprigs Coriander Leaves
How to make sindhi kadhi at home :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in colour and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish the sindhi kadhi with chopped coriander.