Ingredients for aloo tuk:
- 500 gm aloo (potatoes) – peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 tsp Corainder Powder
- 2 tsp dhaniya powder
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp salt
How to make Sindhi aloo took:
- Heat oil in a kadahi to a point when a piece of potato put in, comes up at once. Put in the potato rounds, lower flame to medium and fry to a creamish colour, with the edges a little darker.
- Remove from kadahi, drain excess oil. Put aside to cool a little.
- Once cool, flatten by pressing between palms.
- Just before serving, reheat oil and re-fry aloo (potatoes) to a golden brown, over high flame to make them crisp on the outside and fully cooked inside.
- Drain excess oil on absorbent paper. Mix in salt and all dry masala and serve hot. Sindhi Aloo Took is ready. You can similarly make arbi tuk also.