JEERA RICE RECIPE
1 cup Basmati rice
2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
2 tbsp Cashewnuts
3 Whole peppercorns
2 Bay leafs
2 Cinnamon sticks
1 Onions, sliced
2 tbsp Ghee
Salt To Taste
How to make zeera rice:
- Wash the rice and soak in water for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan, add cashewnuts. Fry until brown.
Take them out and keep aside.
- Add onions , bayleafs, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds,
peppercorns to the same ghee and fry for a while.
- Add the rice , salt, water and stir. Cover with a lid and simmer
- Cook until the rice is done.
- Serve jeera rice hot with any spicy curry or raita.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...