Instant mango pickle is one of the easiest and without fail pickle that one can make. Here is a very simple to follow Kerala style instant mango pickle recipe. You can use it immediately after preparing it. This maidikaya methi pachadi requries no sunning or fermentation. Learn how to make this South Indian raw mango pickle.
Serves: 3 – 4
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 Raw mangoes
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
For tempering :
- 1 tblsp Sesame / Gingelly Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
How to make mamidikaya methi pachadi :
- First dry roast the fenugreek seeds and make a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil and then add mustard seeds. When they begin to crackle add the hing and the red chilly powder. Switch off the flame immediately and add the chopped mangoes, fenugreek powder and the salt. Mix well.
- Move it to a dry container.
- Your instant raw mango pickle is ready. Goes well with curd rice.